Frozen Hot Chocolate

Frozen Hot Chocolate 2

When it’s chilly I love a good cup of hot chocolate, but in my book it’s never too cold for a frozen drink. (Seriously I’ve bought Icees while it was snowing!)  So today I’m serving up some Frozen Hot Chocolate!  I got this recipe from Joan at Chocolate, Chocolate and more.  She has a fabulous blog, filled with yummy, and I do mean YUMMY treats!  If you’ve never been there, do go over and check it out.

Frozen Hot Chocolate

Frozen Hot Chocolate

Ingredients:

2 packages instant hot chocolate mix

1 1/2 cup ice

1/2 cup milk, divided

Directions:

Warm 1/4 cup milk in the microwave, just until warm, not hot. Add Hot chocolate mix to warmed milk and mix till dissolved. Place remaining milk and ice in blender and add chocolate mixture. Blend.

Pour into glasses or mugs and top with your choice of whipped topping, marshmallows, or other topping.

Frozen Hot Chocolate

Do you have a favorite winter weather food?
Photobucket

I’m linking up at Tidy Mom and these parties.

Comments

1. Cathy @ Lemon Tree Dwelling says:

My kids would love this! Thanks for sharing the idea! 🙂

2. madge | the vegetarian casserole queen says:

That is just so easy and yummy! Pinning it for later…

3. Jen Nikolaus says:

This looks AMAZING!!!! I know my boys would love this! Pinning to make soon! Thanks so much for sharing!

~Jen @ Yummy, Healthy, Easy

4. Leisa @ Day by Day says:

That looks delicious! Perfect for our warm winters here in Florida 🙂 Thanks for sharing it!

5. Vicky @ Mess For Less says:

This looks so good. i have never had frozen hot chocolate, but would love to try it. Bet this would be great with some chocolate shavings on top too! Just pinned!

6. Miz Helen says:

We just love a great Hot Chocolate and this looks like a great cup of chocolate. Hope you are having a great weekend and thank you so much for sharing your awesome recipe with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

7. Randomly Fascinated says:

interesting idea. I will have to give it a try 🙂
    I would love it if you would share this (and anything else you have been working on) at my linky party! http://domesticrandomness.blogspot.com/2013/01/friday-fascinations-8-everything-linky.html

8. Diana Rambles says:

YUMMY!

9. I love this! I get Frozen Hot Chocolates from Serendipity in Las Vegas. I would love for you to link up at Link’n Blogs.

Have a great day!