About The Blog
I started Simply Sweet Home in October of 2007. It started as a hobby and creative outlet for me after I graduated from college. Since then I’ve been amazed at just how much the blog has grown and evolved. In 2009, I began working with brands, and this blog gave me the opportunity to earn an income for my family from home, as well as a chance to develop a career in writing and all things creative. In a nut shell, the blog has helped me to achieve my dreams! Furthermore, it’s given me a great opportunity to share my ideas and experiences as a homemaker, while also learning from others.
Simply Sweet Home is a lifestyle blog, designed to inspire women to transform their lives, family, and homes in to something simple and sweet!
I do this by sharing simple and sweet solutions and ideas on a variety of topics, which include:
- Food – Recipes, Products, and Meal Planning
- Home Management – Cleaning, Organizing, Working from Home
- DIY – Home Improvement, Decor, Crafts, Printables, Party Planning,
- Health & Beauty – Advice, Tips, and Products
- Finances – Money Saving Tips, Planning, Deals/Coupons
- Personal Development and Family – Tips and Ideas for self improvement and strengthening your marriage and family.
I blog about all of these topics, because I believe maintaining a healthy and happy home, or a simply sweet home, if you will, is not just about keeping things clean or putting food on the table. It begins with a healthy and happy homemaker who has a sense of purpose, direction, and security. From there, a homemaker must develop the skills necessary to manage her family and home, and my hope is to simplify that process by offering up my own tips and suggestions that I have learned through trial and error. And though I am, by no means perfect and do not have the perfect home, nor the perfect life, I hope that you can learn something from what I have to share.
To give you a better idea of what my blog is about, here are some of my popular and personal favorite posts from the past year:
- 16 Favorite Foods of 2015
- Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
- Easter Party Solutions & Inspiration
- Caramel Pecan Tassies
- Banana Pudding Go-Paks + Wicked Good Treat Bag Printable
- 10 Must-Haves for “That Time of the Month”
- Meal Planning with Online Calendars
- 10 Ways to Care for Your Family During Cold & Flu Season
- Orange Julius Smoothies
- Helping My Cats Live Well
- Repurposed Light Fixture Bird Feeder
- DIY Orange Sugar Scrub
- Peanut Butter Pie and How to Make a Fall Porch and Photo Booth Scene
- Oatmeal Cake + An Easy Holiday Brunch