Lime Green Punch

I went to a baby shower for my niece a few weeks ago, and I thought this punch was just the cutest!  It has to be the first time I’ve ever used the word cute to describe a drink!

And I really wish I had come up with this idea to throw the ducks in there, but alas! I did not! Oh well.  But at least I can credit for taking the picture!

And to top off this cuteness, the punch was also quite tasty!  I have to admit, when it comes to punch and other fruity drinks, I’m quite picky.  I either like it, or I hate it.  But this was really yummy, and it was so simple tasting that I think anyone would love it.  And I learned that’s also quite simple to make with only two ingredients! Yay!

Recipe for Lime Punch:

Ingredients:
1/2 gallon lime sherbet
1 (2 liter) Sprite or 7-up

Directions:  Spoon out sherbet into large punch bowl and pour sprite over it.  Mix and serve immediately.  Chill additional punch in the refrigerator or freezer.
Tips:  While browsing different punch recipes, I saw different variations where they used a gallon of sherbet to one bottle of Sprite and even 2 bottles of Sprite to the half gallon  of sherbet.  So I’d suggest doing a trial run of this so you can play with and see how you like it best before serving it at a party.
Add Ins:  Cooks.com has lots of versions of this where they add in everything from frozen limeade and pineapple juice to vodka.  I also love the look of Paula Deen’s recipe, if you’re looking for something a little more “adult” yet non-alcholic.

I’m linking up at these parties.

Photobucket

Comments

1. A Simple Life... says:

That is some adorable punch ♥ Love the little duckies too!

2. Blue Ridge Altered Art says:

That is oh so cute. I will have to remember that. My daughter in law is expecting in July. ~~Sherry~~

3. Cap Creations says:

The ducks are pretty creative! Looks yummy!

4. This is one of my favorite punches! I LOVE the raspberry sherbert version.

5. Elle Belles Bows says:

Stopping by from 11th HEaven link up.

Love the punch and the ducks in it are too cute!

Kerri

6. Aww, the ducks are cute! Very nice.

7. Tina @ MOMS CRAZY COOKING says:

We are hosting a linky party THIS WEEK'S CRAVINGS with "Everything GREEN for St. Patrick's Day". We would LOVE for you to link up this amazing recipe!

8. Love the color!!!

9. Yummy! That is a perfect punch for St. Patty's Day too!!! Thanks for linking up!

10. Just Stopping by from TMTT. that is sooo cute to have the little rubber duckies floating in there. I wanted to invite you to check out my Iron Chef Challenge This month's themed ingredient is canned tomatoes, so link up a recipe using those and you could win a prize. It should be a lot of fun, hope you can join us!!

11. Joy @ Thrifty Parsonage Living says:

That is so cute with the little ducks floating in the punch.

12. Allison @ Alli 'n Son says:

Love the duckies floating in it! This is such a classic recipe, great for so many occasions.

I'd like to invite you to share this recipe on my linky, Sweet Tooth Friday. I hope to see you there. http://alli-n-son.com/2011/03/17/soft-chewy-chocolate-chip-cookies/

13. Susan Evans says:

The ducks look like they're drunk. Are you sure the drink wasn't spiked? (I'm kidding. LOL)

14. The ducks are a really cute touch. Going to add this one to my St. Patty's day recipe file. My kiddos will love it!

15. Cheryl (TidyMom) says:

too funny, I have a post scheduled for MOnday for a punch that is very similar!! the green it cute!!

Thanks for linking up!!

16. Christina @ It's a Keeper says:

Wow! This looks amazing! Thanks for linking up to the It's a Keeper Thursday blog hop! Be sure to come back next week and link something new!

Christina @ It's a Keeper

17. Little Brick Ranch says:

I was just a a baby shower that had this as well but theirs was pink…I wondered how they did it!! If you get a sec, pop on over to Foodie Friday and link up! Oh, and I found you on So Very Cheri!

18. Naturally Me Creations says:

So cute! I didn't know you get liquid sherbet…? I love the duckies, hehe.

19. I went to a shower last week that had a similar punch – it was so delicious!

20. Jill @ KitchenFunWithMy3Sons.com says:

Love this! We just posted our Kitchen Fun and Crafty Friday link party and would love for you to stop by and share this…http://kitchenfunwithmy3sons.blogspot.com/2012/03/kitchen-fun-and-crafty-friday-link.html

21. Lindy@Itsy Bitsy Paper says:

I love this recipe. I hope you will stop by and link up to my St. Patty's Day Project Parade.

22. Cute! But, you need to also add in 1 big can of pineapple juice, and instead of Sprite or 7 Up, use regular Ginger Ale. You can thank me after you drink its awesomeness!! :)

23. I used to have this punch a lot when I was little! All the kids would just gaggle over to get a glass or 5! That is really cute having the ducks in there! :D

Trackbacks