Today I’m excited to have Dorothy from Crazy for Crust guest posting. Dorothy is a regular participant at my Friday Favorites event, and I’m always excited to see what kind of scrumptious treats she’s going to share each week! Dorothy also has a linky party called Crazy Sweet Tuesday, where you can link up your own sweet treats!
And without further ado, here is Dorothy:
Hello! My name is Dorothy and I write over at Crazy for Crust. It’s a baking blog, with a slice of my life thrown in. I want to thank Jerri for inviting me to guest post here at Simply Sweet Home. It’s such an honor to be here!
And, if you know me, you know I’m crazy (for crust). Pie crust. Any kind of crust. (And, well, I’m crazy for just about any sweet. Just ask my thighs.) So I thought I’d share a superawesomefabulous pie with you today.
I actually made this pie awhile ago. I made it on Pi Day. That’s “Pi” not “Pie”. I’m also a math geek. Total nerd. I do proofs for fun, people.
Doesn’t it make you want to hang out with me?
I know it may look boring, but it’s not. Pinky swear.
This pie is really good. It’s like a giant chocolate chip cookie, but in a pie shell. See? I also like to combine all my loves. Pie + Cookies = way better than either of them individually.
I call this pie “Pantry” Cookie Pie for a reason. Because it’s so easy to use whatever you have in your pantry to flavor it up. I mean, chocolate chips are a given. But you can also use white chocolate, butterscotch, whatever you have.
I used m&m’s and mini peanut butter cups. But you can let your imagination go wild. Kit Kats. Butterfinger. Almond Joy. Add whatever kind of candy you have. (What? Don’t tell me you don’t have tons of candy in your pantry. I can’t be the only one…right?)
What would make this even more awesome? Ice cream.
And a little microwave heating. Maybe 15 seconds.
It’s a party in your mouth, promise.
Enjoy! And thanks again to Jerri for having me today. Come on over and visit me and all my crazy. I’ll make you cookies.
Pantry Cookie Pie
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups*
- 1 cup m&m’s*
- 1 pie crust (from a pack of 2)
*You can substitute anything for the peanut butter cups and m&m’s. Use your imagination!
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a 9″ pie plate with the pie crust and chill until ready to use.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl until they are foamy. Beat in flour, sugar, and brown sugar until combined. Beat in melted butter. Stir in chocolate chips, peanut butter cups, and m&m’s. Pour into prepared pie shell. Bake for 50-60 minutes. (If your crust starts to brown too much, cover the edges with aluminum foil.)
- Serve slightly warm, with ice cream if desired.
Thanks again to Dorothy for guest posting today! I hope everyone will go over and check out her blog Crazy for Crust.
If you would like to be a guest on Simply Sweet Home, please send me an email.