In my family I’ve always been known as the bread lover. Homemade bread is one of my favorite things in the world to eat! But I’ve always been a little intimidated about making my own. (Not to mention, it’s a little time consuming, etc.) But now Fleischmann’s is making it a whole lot easier to make your own homemade bread with their new Simply Homemade No Knead Bread Mix.
Fleischmann’s Simply Homemade No Knead Bread Mix allows home bakers to prepare freshly-baked yeast bread in just three easy steps. Simply stir together the ingredients in your with some water, let it rise, and then bake! So quick and easy!
This mix is perfect for beginning or experienced bread makers. And it makes some really great bread! This would be great to use for family dinners, holiday parties, as well as holiday gift giving.
The bread mix comes in four different varieties: Country White, Stoneground Wheat, Multi-Grain and Italian Herb varieties.
I received the Stoneground Wheat and the Italian Herb varieties for review purposes, and I was very pleased with how they turned out.
My favorite was the Stoneground Wheat. It was so delicious, and I was surprised by just how much it tasted like homemade bread. Even the consistency and density was just like that of homemade. My aunt makes a lot of homemade bread, and this actually reminded me of the breads she makes.
I would be happy to serve a loaf of this bread at my own home or to take along to a holiday party. The bread would also be great to bake for neighbors, coworkers or family gifts.
And you can even use the bread mixes as a base for other recipes. Simply add a few ingredients to make other bread flavors, and even main dishes and desserts,
Look for Fleischmann’s Simply Homemade No Knead Bread Mix in your local grocery store. Also, connect with them on their Facebook.
Apart from reviewing this wonderful bread mix, I’m also pleased to share some tips and tricks from Fleischmann’s Simply Homemade Soleil Moon Frye (from Punky Brewster).
Simply Homemade Tips:
1. Make “Homemade” Simpler. My family loves homemade food and great flavors, but baking from scratch sometimes isn’t possible with our crazy schedules. I love that with Fleischmann’s® Simply Homemade® bread mix, I can make fresh-baked bread with my family more often and in less than an hour. Plus, it’s a fun activity that my family gets to share together in the kitchen.
2. Let Kids Pick The Mix-Ins. I try to make food as fun and exciting as my mother did for me. One of my favorite things to do is let my girls choose the mix-ins when I bake. Whether it’s adding candy to pancakes or fun mix-ins in fresh bread. It lets them know that their ideas and opinions are really important to me… and who’s to say that chocolate chips shouldn’t go in with Fleischmann’s® Simply Homemade® Cinnamon Raisin bread?
Baking / Food – Related Tips:
1. Create Traditions. Traditions have always been important to me, but they don’t have to be big things. My husband and I designate every Sunday as our family day. Every Sunday night we have a special, homemade family dinner and take time to talk about what we are grateful for.
2. Baking As Stress Relief. I love baking, it’s like a therapy. I have found such joy out of baking and it’s something I can do with my little ones that makes us all happy. When I’m frustrated – rather than screaming or crying – I love to put on my favorite music and bake like crazy – let the flour fly, batter drip – and just let go and have fun.
3. Encourage Flavor Experimentation. With picky eaters, it’s a great idea to prepare things they love while introducing one or two new things at a time. Then they can experiment with a spoonful of something new as opposed to a whole plate of it.
Parenting / Lifestyle Tips:
1. Embrace Happy Chaos. I believe “happy chaos” is the sign of a family operating at its best – when parents accept that they’ll make mistakes and will experience messes, tears and skinned knees.
Do you love homemade bread? Which of these bread mixes would you love to try?
Disclosure: I received samples for review purposes. However, the opinions are my own.